Gladney Fees for Colombia Adoption:
Fees for Colombian Descent Families
- Gladney Application Fee - $300
- Gladney Program Fee - $8,500
- Gladney Home Study Fee - $2,500 (Home Study Review Fee of $500 if another agency conducts the Home Study)
- Preparation & Authentication of Dossier Documents - $1,000
- Post Placement Supervision Fee - $1,600
- Post Placement Report Administration Fee - $600
- Foreign Source Fee* - $10,000
- Child's US Embassy Visa Fee - $325
SUBTOTAL PAID TO GLADNEY - $24,825
Adoption Fees Paid to Others
- Immigration Approval & Fingerprint Fee for 2 Adults - $945
- Psychological Evaluation (Est.) - $1,000
- Attorney Fee - $2,500
- IAPA fees - see IAPA costs
- ICBF fees - $0
- Child's Medical Services (est)- $450
- Child's New Birth Certificate and Passport - $250
(*Accompaniment of and for translation of document as dossier, ICBF child or children information, ICBF letters; legalization of documents before "Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores", addendum and update on documents, mail; assistance of Agency's Representative and Foreign supervised providers; document processing; interpreter and translator to meetings in-country with transportation included; assistance for US Embassy paperwork and program development).
SUBTOTAL PAID TO OTHERS - $5,145
TRAVEL EXPENSES TO COLOMBIA (Varies depending upon season, cities visited, point of departure, level of accommodation, etc.)
- Adult airfare per person, international travel (Est.) - $1000 x 2 = $2000
- Child airfare per person - one way (Est.) - $800
- Incountry Document Processing - $900
- Transportation (driver, Uber, Taxi, etc.) (estimates based on $50/day average for 30 days) - $1,500
- Hotel/apartment (estimates based on $100/night average for 30 days) - $3,500
- Meals (estimates based on $60/day average for 30 days) - $1,800
ESTIMATED TOTAL TRAVEL EXPENSES - $10,500
ESTIMATED ADOPTION EXPENSES - $40,470 + IAPA fees
Below are just a couple of the resources available to help potential adoptive parents.
Adoption Tax Credit – Most families qualify for the Federal Adoption Tax Credit, available for up to $14,300 in adoption expenses per child; to be used to pay for adoption fees, court costs, medical care and other adoption expenses. Learn more by going to the IRS website at www.irs.gov. Contact your tax specialist to determine whether you qualify.
Private Grants and Loans – Visit our Adoption Finances page for a list of resources.
Start Your Adoption Journey Today
Please request your free adoption information packet today!